Avoiding threats seems impossible. In the era of increased interest in eCommerce, you can encounter fraud attempts at every step. Every company is exposed to the risk of losing money through various attempts to attack their systems, resulting in credit card chargebacks and refund claims.
Most cases will end up with rule in favor of the customer, and the store owner will get stuck with an (unpaid) bill. You can avoid it by using fraud prevention (Blacklist Plugin) in Sylius. Below you will find a specified description of the plugin functionalities.
How to avoid Internet fraud in Sylius?
Avoid frauds in Sylius-based eCommerce with Sylius Blacklist Plugin.
This plugin counteracts suspicious behavior in eCommerce. It can be done by blocking purchases with automatic rules or manual analysis of customer behavior.
Types of customers
Customers are divided into three types:
- Blacklisted → Blocked user, cannot purchase
- Whitelisted → Trusted user, not checked by the plugin when shopping
- Neutral → Typical customer, who can make a purchase and who is checked by the plugin during every order
The customer’s status can be changed/set manually in the customer editing panel or automatically.
Sylius Blacklist Plugin – Rules
Automatic blocking rules
Blocking users can be done with the use of automatic rules (auto-blacklisting-config). Examples:
- If the user makes x orders within a certain period, he is blocked
- If the user makes x unsuccessful payments within a certain period, he is blocked
Additionally, in the automatic rules, we can define:
- When the user is unblocked – e.g. after the time limit specified in the rule,
- Number of rule occurrences after which the user/order will be added to the list of suspicious frauds
Manual blocking rules
Blocking users can also be done by creating rules manually (Manual blacklisting rule).
- Manual blocking rules allow you to block orders whose selected data is repeated x times, e.g., shipping data
If someone has made three orders to the same address and wants to do the fourth one, the system will block him because the same address details were repeated four times.
Attention! If we select many attributes, ALL of them must be repeated for the order to be counted as a strike.
- Those rules can be applied to specific groups of clients, e.g., only for unlogged users
If an order meets the given requirements, it will not be processed, and the user will be blocked.
- Fraud suspicion
It is a list of orders that have been classified as suspicious by automatic rules (if the appropriate option was selected in a given rule) or manually added by the administrator.
Based on that list, we can decide if, for example, a given user appears there too often in a short time, and his account should be blocked.
Don’t let your eCommerce losing money by frauds. Protect yourself in advance and install the Blacklist Plugin for Sylius.
If you have any questions related to this plugin or want us to create a new one for you, contact us!